Of the estimated 133 billion pounds of food that goes to waste every year, much of it is perfectly edible and nutritious. Wasting food also means wasted water. The impact on the environment continues when food waste goes to landfills where it produces methane, a greenhouse gas 25 times worse than carbon dioxide.
This is an arena where doing the wrong thing just makes no sense at all. We can learn that eating the things we waste can save tremendous amounts of money. It can feed those around us who go hungry. It can make a dent in climate change. And it can taste awesome.
WASTED! THE STORY OF FOOD WASTE – Available Everywhere October 13 – In Theaters, On Demand, Amazon and iTunes – WASTED! THE STORY OF FOOD WASTE aims to change the way people buy, cook, recycle, and eat food. Through the eyes of chef-heroes like Anthony Bourdain, Dan Barber, Mario Batali, Massimo Bottura, and Danny Bowien, audiences will see how the world’s most influential chefs make the most of every kind of food, transforming what most people consider scraps into incredible dishes that create a more secure food system. WASTED! exposes the criminality of food waste and how it’s directly contributing to climate change and shows us how each of us can make small changes – all of them delicious – to solve one of the greatest problems of the 21st Century. (Tweet about this)
- Creative Distillers Tackle Food Waste, Redefining ‘Getting Trashed’ (Tweet about this)
- If you want to fight food waste, why not turn it into usable, sellable food? (Tweet about this)
- Put the “squeeze” on food waste! (Tweet about this)
- Learn more about tree free paper from TreeZero.
- Discover how we’re working to protect threatened forests in Africa
- Interested In going tree free? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
See you next time!